Debossing is produced by pressing a hot engraved metal plate into the surface of a product with a lot of pressure. This produces a permanent image below the surface of the product. Some products offer thermo debossing, which creates a stunning two-tone finish.
- Higher perceived value than other forms of branding.
- The branding becomes part of the product and is permanent.
- The product can be shipped as soon as heat pressing is finished.
- Select products can produce a two-tone finish.
- Unable to print variable data such as individual naming.
- The artwork must be supplied in vector format.
- Fonts are advised to be converted to outlines/object to avoid font conflicts.